Friday, January 05, 2007

Handywoman

I am not a handy woman. In fact, you pretty much have to say "saw" or "ladder" to get me completely off of doing any given household project. I don't love to dust or vacuum (although I seem to have, belatedly, latched on to a fomer lover's extreme joy in putting objects in boxes to go to Goodwill), but I will do them since I'd rather not live in filth.

So, the long and the short of it is that I, just now, really do want to fix up my house. I also lack any skilled, free labor. So, I have to take my big, over-educated brain and apply it to actually doing things that involve ladders (I will probably pay someone to do the sawing).

Does anyone out there know any good blogs or podcasts about overcoming fears/ignorance like mine?

I'm already madly in love with the Toolbelt Diva, but I don't think she's coming to help me.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Just thought I'd stop by and say that while I consider myself handy (left-handy, if you must know) I am by no means gifted with neither ladders nor saws. You, my dear, are not alone.

Love,

Jennie
aka
Taté