Friday, October 25, 2013

Dreaming

My office window at work.
Most people seem to feel strongly, one way or the other, about hitting the snooze button on an alarm. I, myself, am guilty of being capable of rolling in and out of sleep for over an hour, in-between strangling my alarm.

I tend to have extremely vivid, interesting dreams during my snooze-button interludes. Sometimes I'm reading a book, sometimes someone is telling me a story. They're never unhappy dreams. Part of me thinks it's a trick my brain is playing on me. If it can keep things cool enough, maybe I'll just stay in bed.

This morning, as I snooze-buttoned my way to near-lateness, I dreamed that I was in my office at work, messing with the windows. It takes an old-fashioned can opener to open them, and they only open a little bit. I wasn't upset in the dream, but I couldn't get a window to open.

I don't dream about work very much. Certainly, much less often than I ever dreamed about school when I was in school. (When I joined the swim team in high school, I dreamed about swimming for weeks.) Years ago, I told a coworker that I had never dreamed about using a camera, even though it was such a big part of my life. Then I did have that dream, the next night.

How closely do your dreams reflect your life?

No comments: