Thursday, November 14, 2013

Knitting for Chelsea's Light



When Dream in Color put out the call on their Facebook page for volunteer knitters to help the Chelsea's Light Foundation, I jumped at the chance.

From their call:

"Part of what Chelsea’s Light Foundation does is offer college scholarships to young changemakers. Every year, Kelly King (Chelsea’s mother) knits hats and/or scarves for a care package for the young men and women in this program. This year Kelly has been very busy organizing the next Finish Chelsea’s Run, which raises most of the money for Chelsea’s Light Foundation, and she ran out of time to make everything."

They gathered the knitters they needed quickly. Who doesn't love to knit for a great cause?

I made "It's A Cinch," a free pattern by Elisa McLaughlin. I made it in the Smooshy in Autumn Rainbow that Dream in Color sent me. It took about two episodes of Boardwalk Empire to knit.

My only problem? I'm now kind of obsessed with Autumn Rainbow. Sigh. So gorgeous.

If you want to help out Chelsea's Light in a knitterly way, consider buying a Chelsea's Shawl kit. Lovely yarn and a fun knit that benefits a good cause. What could be better?

3 comments:

SMCchic2005 said...

I made the Brandon hat! What a fantastic organization to knit for :)

SMCchic2005 said...

I made the Brandon hat! What a great cause :)

SMCchic2005 said...

what a great cause!