Monday, December 23, 2013

Design Inspiration: Chicken Dinner Socks



Yes, I am such a geek that I knew about a candy bar called Chicken Dinner. I heard about it a long time ago, I think on This American Life. I knit up a version of these socks in white and brown (which my sweetie wears with pride to this day) and named them after the long-lost candy.

I photographed the socks I made and sent in a submission to Sockupied, an eMag by Interweave Press. I was really psyched when they said they wanted to use it! They arranged for me to knit the socks, again, in Louet Gems, a yarn I hadn't used before. This pair was in cream and deep purple. A lot of designers aren't crazy about this part of the process, but I love trying out new yarns and different color combinations. (So far, they have always looked great to me.)

It's a simple pattern, but not so easy that it becomes boring to knit.

No comments: