Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Interweave Knits, Winter 2014



If you knit and don't read Interweave Knits, I humbly suggest you give it a shot. No magazine can be everything to everyone, but I love that IK continually offers something unusual - a pleasant surprise. Or, even better, a set of them.

I'm not a giant fan of orange. The thought of knitting what's basically long underwear doesn't really appeal to me. BUT it's taking about all of my self-control not to buy yarn and cast on for the cover project right this moment. It is so cute!

I thought the history of Orenburg lace was just that...history. The profile of Galina Khmeleva taught me that it's a history that's still being written, one stitch at a time.

And let's not forget that one my favorite designers of all time, Annie Modesitt, has a design in this issue. The Dreamcatcher Cardigan looks gorgeous, fun to knit, and colorful.

Check it out. There are over 20 patterns in this issue. One is going to be your favorite.




No comments: