Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Round-Yoke Sweater from 2004



I knit this sweater when I didn't really know what I was doing. The variegated cream yarn was my big vacation-yarn splurge when I was in Scotland in 2001. It sat in my stash until I complained about it to a knitter/spinner friend in my knitting group in Traverse City, Michigan. I knew there wasn't enough for an entire sweater. 

My new friend said, "Well, I have some handspun that came out too thick for me. It will go with this. You should have it."

Armed with her handspun, in various natural colors, I knit this sweater, based on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Seamless Yoke Sweater. The shape isn't perfect for my body type (my large shoulders make the yoke stand up in a strange way). But, I love it. I'm very proud of it. And, I'm happy to have truly cold winters to wear it in, again!

No comments: