Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Weaving at 5 EPI

5 epi. FIVE!!!!!!

I bought the variable dent reed for my Schacht flip loom a little while ago.

The reed is designed to allow you to create a warp with different thicknesses of yarn and weaving across the width of your project. I haven't used it that way, yet. But, I have had a LOT of fun taking advantage of the 5 ends per inch reeds and using up leftovers from my Aran afghan project.

I was worried that the yarn would be too soft to use as a warp, but I looked around on Ravelry and more than one person has used it, so I went ahead and did it. It's weaving up very well. I just have to keep an eye on myself so that I don't pack the weft in too tightly. My little needle gauge rests on the table next to me and I check it every once in a while with that.

It's Cascade 128 in a deep, dark blue. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!

No comments: